Author: Julie Murkerson
Prep time: 20 min, Cook time: 1 hour, Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
1 9 inch pie crust
3 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped up
⅓ C frozen spinach, thawed, rinsed and squeezed dry (1/3 C after squeezing dry)
3 tblsp onion, chopped
4 large eggs, beaten
½ C milk
½ C shredded Swiss cheese
½ C shredded cheddar cheese
½ tsp ground pepper
⅛ tsp seasoned salt
¾ of a tomato, thin sliced, slices halved
· Place the pie crust in a 9″ round cake pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
· Bake the pie crust at 350 for 15 minutes.
· In a mixing bowl, combine the beaten eggs, cheeses, milk, half and half, bacon, spinach, onion, pepper and seasoned salt.
· Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust and even out if needed. Top with the sliced tomatoes.
· Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
· Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.